TJ Gas tank question


  • Just bought the TJ brutal gas tank.  I'm from Canada, we don't have redkote here.  I have an alternative called Kreem.  But theres so many people against lining the gas tanks.  

    do i need to line the tank is my question?  
    Can i run it without a lining and just keep an eye on it first?
    Or should i just do a good job lining it?

    so many mixed reviews and having the lining start to peel on me scares me.  I can fix rust a lot easier but both will leave me stranded somewhere 



  • @Maurizio Fantauzzi OMG please DO NOT USE KREEM!!!! have you tried reaching out to customer service to see if we can ship red kote to you? 

    please line the damn tank. HAHA!  i have lined well over 300 tanks for customers in my lifetime and all the tanks I own, i line and none of them leak, they all have redkote. 30 years ago you could have gotten away with not lining a tank because gas was actually gas.  Unfortunately modern gas has so much bullshit in it including water that you are asking for a problem.  You're asking for a leaking tank you're asking for a clogged Petcock It's just like man take the little extra time and do it right and don't worry about the tank for another 10-15 years, youl be glad you did. 

     


Please login to reply to this topic!