VT750 CA max speed


  • What is the realistic max speed on a shadow 750 CA? I did the velocity stack, cover plates, drilled out the baffles/spark reducers  in the exhaust and put in the complete performance rebuild kit. I used a 148 main jet and a 50 pilot jet. I turned the Mix Screw out three turns, it ran a little rich (I could smell the gas), then backed it off half a turn. The bike has a lot more power and I'm very happy with it. I heard others are able to hit 97 or even 100 mph. My realistic max speed went from 80 to 85. Does the drive shaft on the 750 CA rob the bike of that much power? Do the CA models have some kind of electronic speed limiter? I noted that my carburetor has some wire attachments coming out of it; is that on the list of things I could unplug or get rid of? 

    Thank you for your time and consideration.



  • @coquinn42 you wont get the most out of it with the stock pipes, theyre too restrictive and small. 
    what year is the bike? 


Please login to reply to this topic!