Engine guard/ slide rails


  • While I know it isn't really the bobber or chopper style has there been any insight or development into the design of engine guards, slide rails, etc? I had an engine guard for my 01 spirit but it was really poor quality and broke before I even dropped my bike a few weeks ago. 

    I did notice when I did drop my bike it landed exclusively on the footplate and exhaust. And if my foot plate hadn't caught most of the weight my exhaust would probably look like it was in a hydraulic press. 

    Maybe something that mounts below the subframe towards the back. Effectively resmbling foot pegs. 



  • @Camp B nothing in the works yet but ill def look into this! 

     


  • @TJ if you want any help with designs or styles please reach out, I'm wanting to get deeper into fabrication. I just don't have most of the supplies and tools I assume you do. 


Please login to reply to this topic!