New to the forum. I ride a 2009 vt750 with the shaft drive.
here to learn more about fixing my bike myself. Got the manual and just been plugging away.
@Inky_wren heck yeah! this is the way!
You and me both. I have a 2008 vt750. Doing anything wild with yours?
@FatherOblivion nothing specific yet. I'd like to take it down to a single seat, but not bobber style pan, as my butt need more cushion. This is surprisingly difficult as they just don't make the options for it. I might have to construct something for myself,. Louder pipes, and re-jetted for said pipes..
basically I want comfort and volume.
I know a small bit about upholstery, I know how to sew, and make a pattern.
pipes should be fairly simple. Jetting is something I haven't done in decades, and previously it was on dirt bikes.. so need to relearn some things.
Any plans for yours? Or things you have done?
@Inky_wren After watching a bunch of TJ's videos, I found a bike that was already mostly how I wanted it. So it was already bobbed a bit (chopped off rear fender, drag bars, solo bobber style seat, TJ's performance kit, velocity stack, and backdraft exhaust). Since I've had it, I have removed the PAIR system, installed TJ's cover plates, and removed the throttle return cable. I'm looking for the right tank and bars to swap, and I plan to eliminate the mess under the seat and install TJ's e-tank. Then I'll see what comes along to really make it uniquely mine. Gonna need a new speedometer, and a cooler headlight. I hope to find more interesting blinkers, but the ones on it now get the job done. Custom paint at some point. Big dreams. In the meantime, I'm riding as much as possible.
@FatherOblivion sounds rad! is there a reason you need a speedometer? try riding without it for 2 weeks. i promise youll never go back. LOL