Bike died, I don’t know why!


  • So I recently traded my shadow for a harley but i just traded it back. Was riding it home and was holding 70-75 on the freeway and then it completely died on me before the freeway, it was riding perfect and then went from 100% to 0% very fast. turns over but does not even fire or nothing. carb is getting fuel, i have air. check 1/2 spark plugs and looked clean just a little oily. it had spark but it did shock me but that could’ve been my mistake. tank is 80% full. I don’t know if the guy was a pissed i wanted my shadow back and like put water in the tank or something or clipped some wires but it ran perfectly fine for like 4 miles and then boom it died.

     

    2004 honda shadow vt750 aero

     

    Edit: got the bike to fire using starter fluid, 91 non ethanol which was in the tank  looks clear when i pulled some out. It's had 2,000 miles since i rebuilt the carb fully, do i do another rebuild and maybe just put new jets in?? 

    battery is fine, spark is fine, air im getting fuel to the carb but maybe the new jets already got clocked it just suspicious timing I get it bike and it dies on me.



  • @kadendenk why ar eyou running 91? put 87 in a VT600. I'd start there. high octane fuel does nothing for these bikes, theyre not high compression. 

    if it starts with starter fluid then its not getting enough fuel. pull the entire carb apart, paying attention to any debris you notice, pull the af mixture screw, clear all passages out with compressed air. also make sure you have a fuel filter before the carb. 


Please login to reply to this topic!