09 Vt750 petcock


  • Okay here is the situation, I noticed my petcock is leaking, and I know I need to put a new vacuum thingy in it, or do I??

    7/8 years ago tj talks about removing them on the vt600 (recalled part)

    can I do the same on the 750? Or is that a nope sorry gotta fix it.

    just curious.

    i ordered the parts to fix it but was seeing if there was an easy way vs.  me needing to pull my tank off do all the other stuff.



  • @Inky_wren Yeah you can rebuild it but it's gonna break again pretty quickly they're not great. You're better off finding other Honda Shadow Petcock with similar thread quite a few of them were  think M16 by 1.5, There's a lot of petcocks that are 22mm orM22, And I think there's even some adapters that let you adapt one petcock to the other. I know a number the other Honda Shadows had petcocks that were not vacuum operated and you can use one of those in place


  • @TJ thanks for the info! 
    I'll fix it for now because I have a short ride season left, and selfishly  haven't wanted to miss any nice days. Once winter hits I'll look for a replacement like you suggested, and wrench over the winter. I'm going to cry when the first snow hits.


  • Oh damn dude I'm sorry!@Inky_wren I'm a little spoiled out here in California we don't really have much of a winter


  • @TJ I grew up in Cali, so I know how amazing the winters are. Although I hear El Niño is going to make it very wet this year. Snow pack where I live will also be a thing.

    any who, thanks for the advise it's very appreciated. Ride safe-ish


  • ride safe-ish HAHAH i love that! @Inky_wren 


  • @TJ  it's just practical. No matter how safe we ride, other people do sketchy shit, and we have to make decisions that aren't always "safe" mostly safe-ish. 


Please login to reply to this topic!