Sticky buttons


  • I have a 2006 vt750. My ignition button and blinker buttons are a bit sticky. They work, but feel like the ignition may not come back out at some point, and my turn signal buttons are rather sticky as well. Is there a lubricant I can use (dialectric grease?) that will loosen them up? I'm hesitant to put anything like wd-40 on them because that stuff gums up after a while and collects road grime. I can do the work on my own, I just need to know what specifically to use? 

    second question: I have a 2001 goldwing that came with a large manufacturer's manual. I would like to get the same thing for my shadow as well, as I plan on keeping this bike for years and want to have an exhaustive manual for it. Any good recommendations better than a Hilton type manual?

     

    Thanks in advance!!



  • @RikyTikyTavvy get electronic termincla cleaner and spray them out really well, the lubricant in them gets hard over time and creates drag. once fully clean and theyre snappy, add a tiny bit of dielectric grease. 

    for the manual look for a HONDA service manual. theyre not cheap but SO worth it. theyre on ebay all the time


Please login to reply to this topic!