Heya, all! I'm Dave. I have a 2000 Shadow Spirit VT1100 sitting in my garage that was 'gifted' to me a few years ago, and due to life circumstances, I haven't been able to ride it. Most of that is around finances. However, I'll be getting the license - hopefully - within the next month, then getting that rig on the road. I'm down in the SW FL area, so hopefully I'll see some of you out there!
@CobraWolf Hey, Dave! Congrats on the 'gifted' bike. Let's see it! What are your plans for it? I'm originally a Florida man myself. Have you already taken the MSF course? I still have my original card from them when I took the class decades ago.
@FatherOblivion I'm scheduled to take it in about 2 weeks. Once I get the bike in the garage, I'll get some shots and drop them up here. Unfortunately, life got in the way and she's been sitting, so I need to do a little work to get her proper. After some riding to get myself familiarized with it, we'll see what comes next.
So, as an update - took the class, passed the class. Now I just need to get the bike a little tuned up, and then I'm out. Hopefully, one day, anyone that's down in the SWFL area...I'll see y'all on the road.
Congratulations! You're almost there. Do you have someone to help you work on your Spirit?
@FatherOblivion Nope. Just me. I'm also getting my youngest involved as well, as we'll be learning together. Not much is really wrong with it right now, other than it's been sitting. So, full fluid changes, then get it back on the road, then new tires. After I've run it for a bit, that's when I'll go for TJs kit.
@CobraWolf That's awesome. Having a project like that can be a great way to learn, teach, and bond with your kid. Plus, we have to bring up the next generation of riders. I wish you great success.